Saturday, December 17, 2016

San Francisco streets speak

For a couple of weeks after November 8, the usual flow of street art in the 'hood seemed dammed up. This was about the extent of local self-expression.

But soon enough, our usual visual commentators were back at their usual work.


Good to see they haven't gone into hibernation. Resisting in the next period is going to demand all the creativity we can muster; my experience is that moral threats -- like for example California's 1994 anti-immigrant initiative -- have evoked a torrent of visual and performance art. This is part of how we weather storms together and rise up again.



2 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

Ha. The app that changes photos with Trump into kittens made the bottom one a kitten. I had to disable the app to see the photo.

janinsanfran said...

Cool app you've got! For myself, I will look at his ugly maw and stay determined ... But I do like kittens.