Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Is the Obama campaign is something new?

Long time readers of this blog may remember my thesis that

If the campaign is run by labor and the volunteers are working class people, there will be donuts.

If the campaign is run by community advocates and recruits the employees of non-profit organizations, there will be bagels.

So is the Obama campaign more like a non-profit organization or a labor union? Neither it turns out. This campaign is something else again.


On Saturday in Reno, besides the standard coffee and orange juice, we were offered fresh fruit, and, under the aluminum foil, a homemade frittata.


Not that sweets were absent from the spread.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I haven't had breakfast yet and your photos have made me very hungry. I'm off to get a banana, but wish I could snatch one of those pastries.